Keep your finger on the pulse with the latest hair and beauty news, trends and advice fast-tracked from the style experts at Morph.
Baby it’s cold outside….
The temperature has dropped, your office is overheated and your hair is freaking out. There’s no doubt that winter can bring a dry, static and frizzy ‘fro so avoid the nightmare hair with our top 5 Winter Hair Survival tips!
1. Turn down the heat. There isn’t much that compares to a steaming hot shower in the dead of winter, but super hot water can strip your hair of essential oils and leave if feeling dry and dull.
2. Use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner. Intense winter conditions can leave your hair stripped of essential moisture. Invest in a nourishing shampoo and conditioner like the Kevin. Murphy Hydrate-Me range. Packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A and shea butter, this power duo will return your healthy glow and prevent your hair from losing any more moisture.
3. Eat for your hair. Just like your body needs nutrients and antioxidants to combat the winter extremes, so does you hair. Add eggs and fish for extra protein and healthy fats from foods like avocado, nuts and seeds.
4. Treat and protect. Leaving your hair to dry naturally in winter seems like a cruel and unusual punishment. If you are going to be using heat styling tools, protect your hair and lock in the moisture before you blast. We recommend Eleven Miracle Hair Treatment. Just as promisedl, this lightweight leave in treatment has eleven miracles in each bottle, including a heat protectant.
5. Mask. Who hasn’t left their conditioner on overnight thinking it will do the same job as a mask…right? Wrong. Masks have a positive charge within them that attaches to the negative damaged section of the hair whereas a conditioner is designed to smooth the surface of the cuticle. We recommend the Kevin.Murpy in salon mask range Treat.Me as it can be tailored to target whatever winter ailments your hair is suffering. The range offers REPAIR, NOURISHMENT, COLOUR PROTECTION, ANTI AGEING, VOLUME AND DENSITY. A facial for your hair 🙂
We are beating the winter hair woes with our Kevin.Murphy Pamper Package. An in-salon Treat.Me mask, wash and blow dry valued at $113, yours for just $58!
(not available on Saturdays or late nights)